Cricket Centre for Excellence
The "Cricket Centre for Excellence" encompasses three "cricket nets" and a centre wicket for the playing of indoor cricket matches. The capability of the "Cricket Centre for Excellence" is further enhanced by the installation of "state-of-the-art" Hawk-Eye technology as an additional coaching and training tool and is only the fourth such installation currently being deployed in the cricketing world. Video cameras have been set up in each of the three nets to assist with the coaching of all aspects of the game. Three Bowling machines and other equipment are provided at no additional cost. There is also a Viewing Gallery over the "Cricket Centre for Excellence" for other practical, fitness and social/recreational uses.
Daily 8:30 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.
- Officially approved HKCC team training apparel or as otherwise deemed appropriate by the Captain of Cricket or Club Management.
- The Club will keep a small stock of shirts to lend to Members in case of an emergency.
- NO cricket spikes of any kind will be permitted.
- Sports Shoes must be worn with non-marking soles at all times.
- All junior players under 15 years of age must use a Bowling Machine with a Member, Spouse of a Member present, or under the guidance of an HKCC Coach.
HKCC currently runs three teams in both Saturday and Sunday domestic League Competitions. Additionally, the Club provides teams in all Junior League competitions (under 13 – Under 19) and two Women’s League teams.
Our structured Cricket coaching programmes and teaching methods are fun and suited to the ability and capacity of the group.
Please contact our Head Cricket Coach - Craig Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org - for team practices, Junior Gappers coaching programme or private cricket coaching session.
Hong Kong Cricket Club unveils the all new Cricket Centre for Excellence
State-of-the-art facilities for Cricket are now available indoors in the all new Cricket Centre for Excellence at the Hong Kong Cricket Club. New facilities include:
- Hi-Definition Video Cameras in all the three lanes plus options for side on and front on Camera angle for bowlers & batsmen.
- Laptops available for in-lane use for instant feedback thus eliminating the need to leave the nets for Analysis.
- State of the art Hawkeye Coaching System - the first of its kind in Asia and only the second Indoor School in the world to have it, the Hawkeye Coaching System allows you to measure performance, identify faults and improve tactical awareness with a level of realism never before achieved in a cricket net.
Utilising Hawk-Eye in conjunction with Hi-Def Video Cameras cricketers' amateur or novice can now analyse their skills in minute detail as done by national & international cricketers around the world.
The Hawk-Eye Coaching System can accurately pinpoint the Line, Length, Speeds, Swing & Seam movement of each delivery bowled. At the end of an Analysis Suite session budding cricketers can take away a video of their session and also view a graphical breakdown of their statistics in the Analysis Room.
The Hawk-Eye Coaching System uses three specially placed cameras around the Net to track the path of the ball, from when it was released from the bowler's hand right up until when it's dead. The images captured by the camera are then turned into a 3D image to show how the ball will travel on an imaginary cricket pitch placed in a virtual backdrop of Hong Kong Cricket Club. The system also creates 'Bounce Marks' to show length and 'Beehives' to show the line a bowler has bowled to a batsman.
- See how fast you bowl.
- Watch each delivery back in 'Virtual Reality' on a virtual backdrop of Hong Kong Cricket Club.
- Measure variations in bowling through seam and swing graphics.
- View Pitch maps & 'Beehive' formations marking where each delivery meets the batsman.
- Watch slow motion video of the bowling and get your action analysed in minute detail.
- Analyse your play against different kinds of bowling and at different sessions in the day (ex: opening batsman vs batting at death).
- Improve awareness of your footwork and positioning against different bowling.
- Watch slow motion video of your batting and get your action analysed in minute detail.
- Umpires can use this technology to develop a greater understanding of the role of technology in modern day cricket. Umpires can give decisions in the net and then go to the Analysis room and compare it against Hawkeye's findings.